Police bring prosecution against those involving student’s death

Police of Cau Giay District in Hanoi today decided to bring a prosecution against those involving in the incident in which a first-grade student died in school bus, police said at the press briefing.

At the press briefing (Photo: SGGP)
At the press briefing (Photo: SGGP)

Police are working with those involving in the incident to verify each person’s responsibility for unintentionally killing the student as per the Penal Code's Article 128.

Head of the Administrative Department of the People’s Committee of Cau Giay District Phan Thu Ha said at the press briefing that contracted driver of Ngan Ha Bus Company Doan Quy Phien and employee of Gateway school Nguyen Bich Quy picked up 13 students including first-grader L.H.L on August 6.

After Ms. Quy and students got off the vehicle, driver Phien parked the vehicle in the Press Institution’s parking lot and left the bus without checking. Until 3.30PM on the same day, driver Phien drove the vehicle to pick up children again, Ms. Quy didn’t see student L; therefore, she asked teachers to look for the kid.

When she opened the vehicle’s door discovering the kid laying upside in the vehicle floor, she shouted for help and then rushed the kid to the E Hospital for emergency treatment where doctors pronounced the poor kid dead after 30-minute emergency aid.

Leaders of Cau Giay Administration, People’s Committee and unions arrived in the kid’s fatherland to share sadness with his parents and relatives.

Hanoi People’s Committee Chairman Nguyen Duc Chung has asserted that competent agencies must verify responsibilities of those involving in the incident. He asked to check picking up children in Hanoi.

Deputy Minister of Education and Training Nguyen Thi Nghia said that it is unacceptable for the school’s irresponsibility to forget the kid in the sedan and police officers should investigate it to impose penalties on those involving according to the present law.

Chairwoman of the Management board of Gateway Tran Thi Hong Hanh confirmed the incident, sending apology to the kid’s family and stressing to investigate the cause of the death.