Cao Bang -Lang Son Expressway helps shorten 29km of travel time

The National Expressway Dong Dang (Lang Son Province) –Tra Linh (Cao Bang Province) will be invested under Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) method, able to shorten the travel time of 29km compared to planning project and reduce over VND 26trillion compared to earlier study.
National Highway No.1 crosses Lang Son Province
National Highway No.1 crosses Lang Son Province

The expressway aims to connect between Highway Huu Nghi-Chi Lang and Tan Thanh and Coc Nam border gates.

The project has 115km long and been designed four lanes. Total investment capital is up to VND 20.9trillion, of these, the investors’ capital and credit loans account for 64 percent, the rest of 36 percent is from the state budget.

As plan, the first phase will be started on 2019-2020 spanning Tan Thanh (Lang Son) and Cao Bang city with 80km long. The second phase will be connected between Lang Son to Cao Bang and Cao Bang City to Tra Linh border gate.

In April 2017, Cao Bang province sent suggestion to the Prime Minister for assigning the Ministry of Transport to adjust implementation schedule of the Dong Dang-Tra Linh expressway to 2017 to 2020; asking the ministries of investment & planning; finance to negotiate about loans worth US$ 300 from China.

Transport deputy minister Nguyen Van Cong said the Dong Dang-Tra Linh project has a huge number of investment capital however the number of vehicles for traveling here is not much more than the Bac Giang-Lang Son expressway therefore it needs support from the central budget and a special mechanism.

Mr. Cong suggested the banks to pay more attention to the BOT projects. Ministry of Transport has being tried all efforts to solve difficulties and create favorable conditions for investors.

PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc affirmed this expressway is considered as a breakthrough helping Cao Bang achieve its strategy adding that Cao Bang province People’s Committee needs to study carefully about suitable capital source. The PM agreed to support VND 2trillion from the central budget; VND 2trillion from local budget and VND 6trillion from investor.

Minister, Head of Government Office Mai Tien Dung said also the province should soon be completed the route ChiLang-HuuNghi-Tan Thanh and then continue to invest in Dong Dang –Tra Linh route.

Other news