Innovation and startup awards initiated

Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) Department of Science and Technology has just announced that they would begin receiving registers for the Innovation and Startup Awards I-Star 2018 from now until the end of August 31, 2018.

The awards are to honor organizations and individuals who have achieved success in start-up and innovation activities. This is also an opportunity for organizations and individuals to exchange valuable experience.

Candidates for the awards are divided into 4 groups: start-up and innovative businesses in HCMC; new and innovative solutions that have already been applied in HCMC to address community issues; innovative media products that have positive effects on start-up people; organizations and individuals who have active contribution via their support and consultation for start-up and innovative activities.

Valid profiles will be uploaded onto the web portal by the organization board so that the public can vote until the end of September 30, 2018.

The public votes, which are a new idea in this year’s award season, account for 20 percent of the total points a profile can receive. The other 80 percent out of 100 points will be marked by the organization board in accordance with the criteria of innovation and social effects.

In addition, regarding the group of start-up and innovative businesses, there is also a criterion of economic effectiveness. As to the group of organizations and individuals who have made active contribution, the marks depend on the value of their contribution to the start-up and innovation community.

The board of organization will select 10 best profiles for the final round. There are 3 equally ranked awards for each group.

The award announcement ceremony will be held in October 2018 in the framework of the Week of Ho Chi Minh City Innovation, Startup and Entrepreneurship– WHISE 2018.